Saturday, November 18, 2006

Leg Warmers

I was attracted to this yarn for a couple of reasons. One, I loved the color verigation and two, it is acrylic yarn. I am making two pairs of these leg warmers for Christmas gifts and they MUST be easy care.

These are easy to knit and go pretty quickly even for my slow fingers. I was able to get one leg warmer out of one skein of yarn with just a few inches to spare. Whew.

Pattern:

Size 4 US double points (mine are bamboo and the acrylic yarn likes them)

Gauge: 22 st in st. st. =4" (but this is not real critical)

Cast on 68 st. Put 17 stitches on 4 needles. Work in the round for 2 and 3/4" in 2 x 2 rib. Change to stockinette(knit all rows) for 9" then go back to the 2 x 2 rib for another 2 and 3/4". Bind off.

I got this yarn on the Elann site but I don't know if they still have the yarn. Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home