Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Look! It's a Fairy Sitting on a Pincushion!

I had the idea for this pincushion one night before I went to sleep. I woke up thinking it would not be too difficult to make from felt. I have made some other pincushions but never anything with a three dimensional figure. She didn't turn out too bad for my first attempt, so I entered her in our local county fair and she won first prize! The pincushion itself is also felt, her dress is a piece of ribbon and her hair a piece of yarn. My inspiration for pincushions in general comes from the talented Bella Dia who makes the most charming pincushions and sells them too! But there are many examples of pincushions all over blogland. I have a few pincushions that I use all the time. I don't think one can ever have too many. So, I welcome the "Pin Fairy" to my collection. If anyone is interested, I will do a tutorial. Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

At 7:35 PM, Blogger Martina said...

She is lovely! Congrats!

 
At 4:35 PM, Blogger Leslie said...

What a creative pincushion! I've done a few simple birthday cakes, but nothing as elaborate as yours.

You asked about the pattern for my peach sock...it's just a simple garter rib. You start with a short cuff (mine is about 1 1/2") of 2x2 rib, then switch to one row of ribbing alternating with one row of garter stitch. It's fast and easy!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home