Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Summerwear

I am doing quite a bit of sewing this summer and this blouse is one of my favorites. The fabric is from Westminster by Victoria Wells and the pattern is McCall's. I did some hand sewing on this that I really like. Although the pattern itself had some confusing parts that I had to do over, it was mostly because I misinterpreted the directions. I love the fabric and it is so easy to sew with quilting material.

I'm really into this kimono look that is widely available in patterns right now. I was at JoAnn's over the weekend and bought another kimono look pattern that I hope to make up in neutrals. The sewing "todo" stack is getting quite high.

I made brisket and potato salad last night for my son-in-law's birthday but the Apple Crumble Pie was my favorite. Since I have stopped eating sugar, I only treat myself every few months to a really GOOD desert. This qualified. So, to be honest, I have almost given up sugar. Hey, to be truly human is to be truly imperfect, okay? Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

At 11:20 AM, Blogger dgolden said...

I love the design and the fabric. Looks very comfy for summer.

 
At 12:38 PM, Blogger Maryann said...

What is the pattern number? That shirt is really cute!

 
At 1:55 PM, Blogger CrissyPo said...

Very cute! I used to sew myself clothes years ago, but these days... I look forward to seeing what else you make.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home