Thursday, July 06, 2006

Sockonzeefoot...

I have finished a sock! Here it is on my foot. I took a short trek around the neighborhood but in 95 degree weather I did not put it on until I took a break. It is such a landscape sock that it fits right in with any outdoor scene. How appropriate! This was a fun fun project; of course it is not completed yet as I have two feet. Another sock must be made...

Specs:

Pattern from a winter 2004 issue of Knit It! magazine.
Yarn is Trekking XXL in colorway 100.
I used size 2 needles, birch DP's.

I have a skein of Schafer sock yarn in my stash and I will make another pair from it. How will I change the pattern? I will cast on another 10 or so stitches to make the top a bit looser and make the ribbed top longer. I will also make the body of the sock a bit longer. I made this sock longer than required but I have size 11 feet. I need more room. I also need some sun on my white legs. Posted by Picasa

4 Comments:

At 2:38 PM, Blogger HPNY Knits said...

sock looks very organic in the landscape. where is it?

 
At 9:03 AM, Blogger Alyclepal said...

This sock is very nice! How many sts did you cast on for it? I'm a new knitter and have some trekking xxl in the same colorway that I'd like to try! Thanks, Lisa

 
At 1:55 PM, Blogger Nickie said...

Picture was taken in my neighborhood...the Sierra Nevada Foothills at about 1800'.

 
At 11:08 AM, Blogger Wicked Knitter said...

I just finished a pair of socks in the exact colorway! I love them. I'm plotting to get my hands on some more. I'm very interested in you giving up sugar, as I should probably do the same. I'm absolutely addicted to sweets, and just gave up soda about a month ago. I swear, it had to be at least as hard as giving up cigarettes must be. Was there a book or a dietician or something that helped you? Or did you do this on your own? Thanks for any info you can provide. I found your blog through the Vintage Sewing blog.

LainaJM1@hotmail.com
www.wickedknitter.blogspot.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home