Thursday, June 22, 2006

Sock it to Me!

Behold...my first sock ever. I cannot believe that I am knitting socks. Why? Because these are such thin needles and such thin yarn. Who knew I could actually handle this? I was inspired by the knit/hike along called Trek Along with Me sponsered by Margene and Norma. What a cool idea, getting us knitters outside to hike. I don't need an excuse to hike, though, I needed an excuse to knit socks! I am surprised that I am enjoying knitting socks as much as I am!

This is Trekking XXL sock yarn in Colorway 100. I love it because it reminds me of the canyons in the southwest that I have hiked and loved. And is this a cool yarn holder or what! The skein of yarn fit in perfectly! They come in different sizes, this being the smallest. It really keeps the yarn contained and clean and when I do go out on the trail, this is very important. The trails here are dry and dusty this time of the year. I'm planning on a hike pretty soon but thought I'd share this inside photo to get the colors as close as possible to the real deal. I can't wait to post a finished sock! Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

At 1:20 PM, Blogger CrissyPo said...

Whoa...is that a huge ball of yarn or a really small container???

 

Post a Comment

<< Home