Sunday, June 18, 2006

Happy Father's Day

I am honoring this man today.

He is a great father and a wonderful husband. He loves basketball and can answer almost every sports trivia question complete with a story, if you have the time. He loves the sea, has written poems about it, most especially bathing in its waters. He is a water sign and evokes all the traits of a true Aquarian although he doesn't really believe in Astrology as a science. I am amazed at his knowledge of computers...he has taught me all that I know of them, though I am as right-brained as they come and resistent as hell...he has a gift with teaching, being patient and clear. I wish all my teachers had been as capable as he is. He is a huge jazz music fan and has had his own radio show on the local community radio station for almost 23 years. I am still amazed at his knowledge of this genre of music. Though jazz is his main music love, he loves all music, as we both do and it would not be strange for anyone to hear tracks by Miles Davis followed by Brian Wilson or Quicksilver Messenger Service in our house.

This man and I have been together almost 38 years. We went to Woodstock together. We birthed 2 children together. We have been on may road trips, bought and sold many houses and a number of cars. He self started two businesses, both successful and during very difficult times. At one point we sold a house and a business, took a year off with two young children, lived by the sea and taught ourselves to carve signs. We did a lot of biking back then; up and down the boardwalk, many miles along the sea.

He always gave in to my wishes, gypsy that I am and I found his groundedness the first real stability I have ever known. We now live on a piece of land that we both love, though it is more work than we can manage, but he has never complained. His heart is grateful and bears no judgements. We are eachothers safe place to land.

So today I honor this man. I will make him a pineapple upside down cake and a roast chicken with mashed potatoes and cranberry sauce. I am so lucky to share my life with him.

Happy Father's Day, sweetheart. Posted by Picasa

2 Comments:

At 4:17 PM, Blogger CrissyPo said...

Enjoyed, the post, as usual. My husband played the tenor sax in a jazz band in college so we enjoy a lot of jazz at home, too. Happy Father's Day to your man :)

 
At 2:03 PM, Blogger Marji said...

what a wonderful tribute to your man.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home