Tuesday, May 23, 2006

For Amy

My dear friend Amy just had a birthday. We like to celebrate our birthdays by doing something just the two of us. We sometimes only have time for a breakfast at Paulette's but every now and then we go bargain shopping or take a yoga class or a hike. We have been friends for 22 years. I like to make things for her and this year I picked out a nice little pattern for potholders. She loves chickens and use to own a few. I would laugh at the names that she gave her chickens.

So here are her chicken potholders. I am honored to have her as my friend. She has been through quite a bit of upheavel in her life, especially lately but her courage and strength have seen her through these rough patches. She has become her own woman and I am proud of her. These fabrics celebrate her new self... going out on a limb just far enough to see what the chickens are up to...then diving into life to raise a few feathers. You go girl! Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

At 4:39 AM, Blogger Alissa said...

Those are so cute! Are those little pockets you put your fingers into? Ingenious! Is there a pattern for this somewhere? Or did you just make it up?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home