Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Time for a Change

It is almost a year that I have been with this blog. I have learned so much. It was challanging and rewarding. I have been inspired by so many people and my life has become so much fuller with their blogging "presence". In short, it's been a hell of a trip.

But I felt the need for a change...a different direction. I felt rather unattached posting on this blog...as if I was writing it for someone else. One cannot help but be inspired by other blogs but I think I lost myself in reading so many other blogs. I tried to knit like others, blog like others, read like others, do the projects that everyone else was doing, join up and create a themed piece like everyone else. I got "blogged down" with what everyone else was doing. I found myself not being able to keep up.

Weeks have come and gone and I became uninterested in posting. Why should I? Someone else will do it better. What was the point? Time out...

I don't have to do what everyone else is doing...I'll do what I want to do.

I am happy with the new direction, although I'm open to this changing as well...it is my journey.

Come visit here .

4 Comments:

At 7:04 PM, Blogger CrissyPo said...

Nickie--I can relate to your "what's the point" feelings. My husband and I had that discussion a couple of weeks ago and he thinks I should keep blogging. I'm thinking that unless a person is one of those bloggers that's actually teaching people things, it's hard to come up with a reason for blogging. At this point I can't even remember why I started mine...do you remember what prompted you to start yours?

It's hard not to get caught up in what other people are doing/doing better/doing more of. I just try to remind myself that this is just one of several hobbies, and I will only devote so much time to it. That means I will not be a high producer. I'm just trying to keep learning new things.

So, no answers here :) but just thought I'd let you know that I relate.

(Does this mean you're not going to finish your sweater?)

 
At 3:04 PM, Blogger Canary said...

Is this your post? I love this pattern and haven't been able to find it on the http://www.favoritethings.net/ site. I'd appreciate any help on it. Thanks.

 
At 11:25 AM, Blogger Nickie said...

Hi Canary...you're right. I searched the internet for this pattern and it is nowhere to be seen. As it is probably discontinued, I think I can safely say that I will copy it for you and send it your way, if you would like. The only thing I would ask is $5 to cover copying and postage. If this is ok with you, I will send my address and you can do the same. I will color copy anything that is in color. Thanks, Nickie

 
At 5:24 AM, Blogger Canary said...

Sounds like a deal. My email address is ragingcanary AT gmail DOT com. I can paypal the $5 to your email/paypal account.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home