Thursday, January 19, 2006

Heath

I am drawn to the tormented soul. Heath Ledger plays the perfect tormented soul in Brokeback Mountain . Therefore I am drawn to Heath Ledger. Swoon swoon...

I loved this film. It's not the sort of film that you get out of the theater and immediately start talking about it. This is not the sort of film that you end up forgetting about as soon as you leave the theater. This film needs to be digested...then you can't stop talking about it. The performances are near perfect. And oh the scenery. During much of the film there is a lonely guitar in the background...oh so nice, a perfect soundtrack for this serious film.

This is a love story that cannot be; at least in the 1960's during which it takes place. I've heard it descibed as a Romeo/Juliet story but it goes way beyond simple unrequieted teenage angst love. This one pushes your comfort zone; makes tolerance a passionate word...redefines love.

I did not knit during this film. Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

At 4:48 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Thanks for the capsule review - the movie is on my list...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home