Tuesday, January 24, 2006

First Sweater

I'm taking the plunge and starting my first knitted sweater. I decided to knit Sally Melville's Sally's Favorite Sweater from her The Knit Stitch book. I found some great yarn in a cotton/rayon blend which is a perfect weight and I love the color...lapis blue. My first wedding ring had lapis in it. It is a soft stone, so the cabachon cracked and I am afraid to wear it so I keep it tucked away. This lapis sweater I hope to have done by summer so that I can wear it often.

I started by knitting a swatch to get gauge and to see how the yarn knits up. All's good so far...I'll bind off the swatch and maybe use it as a pocket on the sweater.

I found another knitter who is working on her first sweater. Po is knitting a zippered cardigan from the Fall Interweave Knits in a lovely verigated yarn. Take a look at how far she has gotten! She has inspired me to keep going and I will be checking on her progress as the weeks go by. Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

At 3:47 PM, Blogger Chris said...

That yarn will make a stunning sweater!

 
At 2:17 PM, Blogger Sharon said...

That WILL be a lovely jumper (sweater, sorry I'm an Aussie) the blue is beautiful. It WILL be because I know you will be able to finish it.

 
At 8:01 AM, Blogger Bear Knits said...

That's a gorgeous blue! What yarn are you using?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home