Wednesday, December 07, 2005

This is the Chicknits Bucket Hat done in Red Heart Tweed. I made this for my niece who wanted a yarn that would not itch and also be easy care.

The colors she suggested to me needed to be in the green range and when I saw this yarn it filled the bill. Not too bad to knit with and the pattern was fun and easy. The only thing you can't do with acrylic is block it into shape. I may have to put a bit of elastic in the brim so that it will stay on but I think she will like it.
 Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

At 5:21 PM, Blogger Bonne Marie said...

That is one BOSS Bucket! What a lucky niece you have...

I like to make a chain crochet *string* and thread it through the body of the hat very near the brim if it needs tightening. (Some yarns need it; some don't:)

Have A Happy Holiday

 

Post a Comment

<< Home