Sunday, December 25, 2005

A look back...2005 reflections

Reflections in Yarn 05

Knit Once, Purl Forever has offered up a meme for 2005...take a look!

1. List your finished objects, or just list your favorite FO. I surprised myself with the amount of knitting that I accomplished but I stick to smaller projects for the almost instant gratification. My favorite project is a diagonal shawl that I knit from 6 different colors of Manos Stria cotton. I wore it all summer.
2. List your works in progress: A pair of fingerless mitts in Malabrigio wool...an 8' eyelash yarn scarf...the Ruffle Scarf...a shrug in Rowan Cashcotton...a Sally Melville top.
3. What skeletons are in your knitting basket? That Sally Melville top from her knit stitch book...just can't seem to finish it!
4. What's your favorite project? The Manos Stria shawl and The Bucket Hat from Chicknits.
5. What project(s) will you never knit again? Anything in eyelash yarn.
6. What was your major knitting accomplishment for the last year? Teaching myself short rows (the short row technique)
7. What's your favorite yarn from the last year? The Malabrigio wool that I am knitting with currently. The Plymouth Yarn Sinsation (80/20 rayon/wool) is a close second.
8. What's your favorite yarn overall? Soooo many...I love Classic Elite yarns in general but their Maya yarn (50/50 llama/wool) is fabulous.
9. What new knitting techniques have you learned? The short row technique...make one...slip, slip, knit one decrease...i-cord...Fisherman's Rib... diagonal knitting...thumb gussets...
10. What are your knitting goals? To learn to knit EVEN stockinette stitches! Knitting the Fiery Bolero really showed me where my weaknesses are! I'm not finishing it until I get it right! I knit Continental, so it has to do with a weakness in the purl stitches...I'm determined to get it right!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home