Friday, December 30, 2005

Happy New Year!

With the new year coming up, I have a new project on the needles. Behold...the Lofty Perches version of fingerless mitts. Now, I have knitted with a LOT of yarns but this yarn tops even my favorites of the past...I give you...Malabrigo yarn. I found this particular verigated at the yarn shop called Imagiknits in San Francisco. What a fabulous shop and I was in there for quite a while fondling yarns and deciding what to buy for which projects. When this skein of Malabrigo found me, I didn't need a project, I just had to have it.

This is my first attempt with "mittens" and I found it easy to do. It's a little tricky managing the dpns but once you get into the swing of it, all goes well. I decided to do a seed stitch border at the arm and a rib border up at the fingertips. I just wanted to try different edges and I didn't want a rolled edge. I sort of followed the instructions in the Winter 2003 issue of Interweave Knits where they write about gloves. The next pair that I make will be a bit tighter. But you can bet I will be doing a lot more with the Malabrigo yarn! Posted by Picasa

3 Comments:

At 2:41 PM, Blogger Shel said...

Hi Nickie,
That is a really nice colorway - I haven't seen that one before from Malabrigo.

Happy New year - keep up the excellent knitting!

Shel (from KR)

 
At 7:08 PM, Blogger Sharon said...

What beautiful colours, they look lovely.

 
At 2:21 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Love the Malabrigio mitts!

Thanks for dropping by my blog and adding your bit to the "crushes on fictional characters" bit - amazing the interest that generated. Heh.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home