Monday, October 17, 2005

Marzipan Babies?

I just couldn't leave a photo of my feet at the top of the blog page. Here's what I chose to replace the feet. I was sent photos this weekend of babies molded out of polymer clay with mohair used as hair. They were sent to me as supposed "marzipan"...the almond paste used by confectioners to sculpt fruits and vegetables. I thought using marzipan was brilliant until I thought of eating one of these tiny babies and my heart took a dive into "guilt by cannabalism" hell. So, I looked further and found this. Not marzipan, but polymer clay! This artist is amazing. Enjoy.

2 Comments:

At 12:43 PM, Blogger Kim said...

Nickie;

Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. Actually, the glove was much easier than I expected it to be -- I am almost done with its mate. I used KnitPicks merino style yarn that I had left over from a shawl (Highland Triangle). The Outlander series of books (that you mention below) is one of my FAVORITES. Hope you like them. I just finished Breath of Snow and Ashes -- the latest installment.

Kim

 
At 12:46 PM, Blogger Kim said...

Oh, and the Cherry Tree hill yarn. My LYS owner used it to make a shawl (stole?). Cast on 65 stitches with size 15 needles and knit a rectangle. Simple, but looked very pretty at the store. I think that's what I'm doing after glove #2.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home