Monday, September 05, 2005

Projects

I am working on my donation to the Katrina aid group that has been set up by Margene and Susan. It is a silk needle holder and I will post a picture when I finish it. If you donate some bucks, they will give a prize to one of the donaters every week and the money goes to our folks down south who are suffering in Katrina's wake. So, give what you can and maybe like some of us, donate a goodie. They will be setting up an auction as well for some of the beautiful handmade knitted items from some of our wonderful knitters and they are gorgeous. Google "Give a Little" and you will get all the donated items and a total of our monetary donations. I am proud to be a part of such a group.

On the home front, I am working on the Fiery Bolero from the Spring issue of Interweave Knits in Cashcotton. I am such a slow knitter, but I love the yarn; turquoise in all of its hues is truly my fave color. And because I have been looking forward to fall since June, I got this wonderful angora from Elann to make the Annie Modesitt scarf from Scarf Style pictured below. I've been reading the difficulties that folks have been experiencing making this scarf but I am determined to make it. There are folks on Knitter's Review that I'm sure would be happy to help if I run into any problems and there is another group, a knit-along for the Scarf Style book where I could possibly get some help. The point is, we are not alone. In cyber-space that is.

1 Comments:

At 3:01 PM, Blogger yarn_nut said...

Boo on spammers!!! we don't like you. Nice blog by the way Nickie.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home