Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Making Bags

I've made dozens of bags...purses, backpacks, totes, wallets, you name it. This large tote bag came about when I found some upholstery fabric on sale at a local store. I sort of used a pattern but changed it to my own preferences. With all of my experience, you would think I'd have the whole process down pat. Not. What was I thinking? Heavy upholstery fabric for a large tote? This thing weighs A TON. I lined it, put in lots of pockets, which are WAAAY down at the bottom. I used a piece of PVC board (that we use in the sign shop) to stabilize the bottom and then sewed buttons to protect the fabric. It's been an ORDEAL. I can't sew up the top edge because there are so many thick layers that I can't get a needle through them. Got any suggestions? I'm at a loss as to how to save it from the circular file.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home