Friday, June 24, 2005

Amy Butler Fabric Knitting Bag

I love Amy Butler fabrics. I was needing a nice bag to hold my somewhat large knitting project that I could put in my backpack and take on the airplane with me. It couldn't be stiff or bulky as I had to fit it in with all my take on stuff that was going in the backpack as well. A local quilting shop just started carrying her fabrics and these two patterns caught my eye. I designed this bag and it worked out so well that I am making more for other knitting projects and yarns that I want to keep clean. I made a simple drawstring that keeps everything from falling out. For traveling these soft bags are perfect to tuck into open knitting bags or used by themselves...and they are washable! They're much prettier than ziploc bags which I have used in the past for smaller projects. I like the ambience of having balls of yarn in a basket near where I knit in the living room...like a good friend always waiting patiently for you. But my house is very dusty and now I put the yarn in this bag, pull the drawstring and the yarn is good to go when I'm ready.

2 Comments:

At 10:02 AM, Blogger Lee Anne said...

What a cute bag! I love the oven mitt too!

 
At 6:46 AM, Blogger Rachel said...

Hey Nicki, I never got the recipe books either! I was just wondering about that the other day!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home